True confession, I am a total Francophile, especially if it has anything to do with food. There are so many things I love about France and the flavors of French cooking are certainly near the top of that list. I’ve been gearing up for another trip across the pond this spring and practicing all of my french vocabulary. It has inspired me to create a dish that would allow you to relish in the flavors of southern France without leaving your own home! This simple Provençal Sautéed Cabbage recipe is highlighted by the aromatic Herbes de Provence.
Anytime I taste herbes de provence, the dish magically transports me right to the heart of Provence amidst the lavender fields. If you are not familiar with herbes de provence, it is a blend of dried herbs that are typically used in the kitchens in southeastern France. The blend often contains rosemary, thyme, orgeano, savory, marjoram, and lavender.
Many of the herbs often used in this blend also maintain amazing qualities for your health! The mix becomes highly anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral! It is an excellent addition to any kitchen and this sautéed cabbage dish is an easy way to try it out.
Provençal Sautéed Cabbage
(AIP, Paleo, Whole30, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free)
- Melt coconut oil in a sauté pan on medium low heat
- Dice the yellow onion and add to the sauté pan when it’s hot
- Cook the onion until it is translucent, about 3-4 minutes
- Chop the purple cabbage into thin strips about 1-2 inches long
- Once the onion is translucent, add the cabbage to the pan and continue cooking over medium-low heat until the cabbage is soft, about 7-10 minutes
- Mince the garlic and add to the vegetables when they are almost done so the garlic doesn’t overcook
- Add in the herbes de Provence and the salt, if using
- Sauté for another minute to allow all of the flavors to combine
- Serve this Provençal Sautéed Cabbage warm or allow it to chill in the fridge and serve cold (it makes a great picnic dish!)
- Bon appétit!
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, I love hearing from you! Spread the Love and share this recipe with someone!
If you would like help creating healthy meals, then Transformational Nutrition Coaching could help!
Book a FREE Discovery Session with me today and let’s work together to create a plan and transform your life!
I have saved a ton of money while eating Real Foods by shopping at Thrive Market! This has been my favorite place to shop for real food pantry staples and non-toxic home and personal products for over 2 years! You can read my review of their service in a previous post. Think Costco + Whole Foods + delivered to your doorstep!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my affiliate disclosure.
Disclaimer: The information in this post is not intended as medical advice, or to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. Marcelle encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research, and in partnership with your doctor, licensed dietitian, or nutritionist. The information provided in this post and the entire contents of www.marcellephene.com are based upon the opinions of Marcelle Phene and are for general educational purposes, and have not been reviewed nor approved by the FDA. You are solely responsible for your health care and activity choices.