Blueberries are everywhere during the summer and I love incorporating this powerful fruit into my meals when they are so fresh and flavorful! In addition to adding them to smoothies and salads, or just munching on them as a snack, I thought I would try my hand at some paleo baking in my RV. I went with muffins because I love having a quick and easy breakfast! Especially on days when I’m traveling, but really every day, I like not having to think about what to eat or do a lot of dishes in the morning. Easy = my recipe for morning success. Since I also have a strong affinity for cinnamon, I fell in love with these Paleo Blueberry Cinnamon Muffins!
The cinnamon in this recipe is what really makes these a huge hit. I think it gives them that sweetness that you look for in a muffin. Truly, it makes them tasty enough to have for dessert too! Cinnamon is also a wonderful spice to use because it has some powerful blood sugar stabilizing benefits. You can indulge in this real food treat knowing that you aren’t going to crash and burn later.
I found that these muffins freeze and defrost really well, too! I made a batch and then stuck half of them in a freezer bag for mornings “down the road” when I know I’ll want a quick and easy breakfast.
Paleo Blueberry Cinnamon Muffins
(Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free)
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 1/4 cup Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 ounces full fat Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 Tbsp Organic Cinnamon
- 1 cup Organic Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a 12-muffin pan with parchment paper cups or silicone baking cups
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda
- Add the melted coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, and cinnamon to the bowl. Mix thoroughly until everything is well incorporated.
- Gently fold in the blueberries so they are evenly distributed
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Serve these Paleo Blueberry Cinnamon Muffins warm or allow to cool and store in the fridge or freezer for a quick bite!
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, I love hearing from you! Spread the Love and share this recipe with someone!
If you would like help creating healthy meals, then Transformational Nutrition Coaching could help!
Book a FREE Discovery Session with me today and let’s work together to create a plan and transform your life!
I have saved a ton of money while eating Real Foods by shopping at Thrive Market! This has been my favorite place to shop for real food pantry staples and non-toxic home and personal products for over 2 years! You can read my review of their service in a previous post. Think Costco + Whole Foods + delivered to your doorstep!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my affiliate disclosure.
Disclaimer: The information in this post is not intended as medical advice, or to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. Marcelle encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research, and in partnership with your doctor, licensed dietitian, or nutritionist. The information provided in this post and the entire contents of www.marcellephene.com are based upon the opinions of Marcelle Phene and are for general educational purposes, and have not been reviewed nor approved by the FDA. You are solely responsible for your health care and activity choices.