I want to share a quick & simple recipe for a snack or dessert with items you may already have in your kitchen: Nutty Applesauce! Having easy snacks that you can whip up is a great tool for your Real Food toolbox. Snacks can be an easy downfall when transitioning to a Real Food diet because frankenfood snacks (aka processed and sugary foods) are so convenient and all too accessible. Saving recipes like this one will help set you up for success!
The ingredients for this recipe are ideal for keeping on hand for when you are in a pinch or have an emergency snack-attack. You can even make this portable for an on-the-go snack by using single-serving nut butter packets or mix it up ahead of time in a sealable container. Bonus points for making your own applesauce to use in this recipe.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 single serving Organic Unsweetened Applesauce cup
- 1-2 Tbsp your favorite organic Nut Butter (almond, cashew, walnut, pecan, etc. )*
- 1-2 Tbsp Organic Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Organic Cinnamon
- Spoon your applesauce and nut butter into a bowl and mix thoroughly
- Top with the coconut flakes and cinnamon
- Enjoy while contemplating the simple things in life
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, I love hearing from you! Spread the Love and share this recipe with someone!
If you are struggling to eat healthy meals and want more support, then Transformational Nutrition Coaching could help!
Book a FREE Discovery Session with me today to see how making the transition to a Real Food lifestyle can transform your life!
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclosure.