Gift giving and receiving is something I’ve found myself struggling with in more recent years. As I’ve trekked into a more simplistic and minimalist lifestyle, away from collecting material things, I’ve found it more challenging to both give and receive mindful gifts. I’ve found it difficult to pick out gifts that are as mindful as the gifts I would like to receive. It really takes knowing a person well to understand what kinds of gifts will bring them the most joy.
That being said, the holidays can be a beautiful time of year to really practice gratitude and love for one another. For many, giving gifts is a true expression of sharing their love. Whenever I receive a gift that feels like it was something that I would choose for myself (not something the giver wants me to have), it fills my heart with so much joy. To know that this person sees me for who I am and can understand what types of gifts I’ll enjoy means they really know me. It shows such intense thoughtfulness. This is probably the greatest gift of all.
Along my own real food journey, I’ve noticed that it has been more challenging for others to figure out what mindful gifts will be best received by me. I usually opt for “experience” gifts. Sometimes those require a lot more creativity and can be challenging for the more traditional gift-giver. That is why I wanted to put together this list of mindful gifts for the real foodie in your life. Think of it as a sort of cheat sheet!
The following mindful gifts are all items that I personally use or services I have personally tried and loved. It is my intention to only share what I think is truly helpful in creating a more mindful, real food lifestyle. I want you and your loved ones to benefit from my experiences with these products or services!
Important: Please note that many of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you purchase through these links, the price will be the same for you and I’ll receive a small commission that helps support my blog. Thank you!
1. Practical Paleo, 2nd Edition – This is easily my most recommended resource for those looking to begin a real food lifestyle and eat delicious, healthy food!
2. Know someone planning a trip to Perú? Send them a copy of my ebook, The Healthy Traveler’s Guide to Real Food in Perú!
3. Squatty Potty – cause who doesn’t love a good poop?
4. Give the gift of savings with a Thrive Market One-Year Membership! This online marketplace is by far the best way to save money on everything you need to stock your real food pantry and non-toxic home.
5. US Wellness Meats Gift Certificate – A perfect gift for someone who wants to ensure they are getting the best quality meats and seafoods possible!
6. Know a busy parent? Why not gift them a true time-saver with a subscription to Real Plans, a tool for real food meal planning!
7. For the traveler in your life, an Airbnb Gift Certificate is an easy gift for those who love to travel while enjoying the comforts of home! They also have some pretty awesome “Experiences”, which make great gifts as well!
8. Quip toothbrush – A compact, battery-operated, dentist designed electric toothbrush. Perfect for a busy person who doesn’t want to remember to buy expensive refill heads or pack their charger.
9. Know a biohacker or health techie? The Oura Ring is my new favorite tool for self-study and health analytics. Great for those looking to optimize sleep, activity, and recovery time.
10. Blue Light Blocking Glasses are a great gift for someone who always complains about their sleep or who spends a lot of time looking at screens. Plus they look super cool 😉
11. Cuisinart 3.5 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker – my #1 kitchen tool for making eating real food easier!
12. A fun gift for the person who loves to cook is a Sun Basket gift certificate! Sun Basket is healthy cooking made easy, with an exciting menu and all the prep work done for you!
Pin this Mindful Gifts Guide for Later!
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, I love hearing from you! Spread the Love and share this post with someone!
If you would like help on your Real Food journey, then Transformational Nutrition Coaching could help!
Book a FREE Discovery Session with me today and let’s work together to create a plan and transform your life!
I have saved a ton of money while eating Real Foods by shopping at Thrive Market! This has been my favorite place to shop for real food pantry staples and non-toxic home and personal products for over 2 years! You can read my review of their service in a previous post. Think Costco + Whole Foods + delivered to your doorstep!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my affiliate disclosure.
Disclaimer: The information in this post is not intended as medical advice, or to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. Marcelle encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research, and in partnership with your doctor, licensed dietitian, or nutritionist. The information provided in this post and the entire contents of www.marcellephene.com are based upon the opinions of Marcelle Phene and are for general educational purposes, and have not been reviewed nor approved by the FDA. You are solely responsible for your health care and activity choices.