I find that one of the simplest ways to incorporate more veggies into my life is to throw together a salad. Most people agree that eating more vegetables is one of the keys to improving your health. Yet I often hear people complaining about how they just can’t seem to eat more vegetables. Well, that’s where a great tasting salad, like this Mediterranean Rainbow Salad, can really be a game-changer!
One of the other great things about salads is that they don’t require any cooking! This is often a wonderful meal prep treat for the hot summer months when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen (or RV).
This Mediterranean Rainbow Salad is large enough to serve 2 people as a main dish or about 4 people as a side dish. If you are only 1, like me, save time by doing all the chopping prep once! I will chop up the cucumber, bell peppers, shallot, and cherry tomatoes and reserve half in a glass conatiner for an even easier salad the next day.
I think this salad is best enjoyed in the great outdoors where Mother Nature showcases her magnificent beauty and rainbow of colors.
Mediterranean Rainbow Salad
(Paleo, Whole30, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free)
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 Organic Cucumber
- 1/2 Organic Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Organic Orange Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Organic Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Shallot
- 1 pint Organic Cherry Tomatoes
- 12 Greek Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 8 Artichoke Heart Quarters
- 2 cups Organic Spinach
- a few sprigs of fresh Thyme
- a few sprigs of fresh Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Chop the cucumber and bell peppers into bite-sized pieces
- Mince the shallot
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and the pitted kalamata olives
- Slice the artichoke heart quarters in half lengthwise
- Add all of the above to a large salad bowl with the spinach
- Toss well to combine
- Remove the leaves from the thyme and oregano sprigs and roughly chop them and then add to the salad
- Drizzle the lemon juice and olive oil, if using, over the salad
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then toss the salad one more time
- This will serve 2 as a main dish or about 4 as a side dish
- Taste the rainbow!
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, I love hearing from you! Spread the Love and share this recipe with someone!
If you would like help creating healthy meals, then Transformational Nutrition Coaching could help!
Book a FREE Discovery Session with me today and let’s work together to create a plan and transform your life!
I have saved a ton of money while eating Real Foods by shopping at Thrive Market! This has been my favorite place to shop for real food pantry staples and non-toxic home and personal products for over 2 years! You can read my review of their service in a previous post. Think Costco + Whole Foods + delivered to your doorstep!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my affiliate disclosure.
Disclaimer: The information in this post is not intended as medical advice, or to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. Marcelle encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research, and in partnership with your doctor, licensed dietitian, or nutritionist. The information provided in this post and the entire contents of www.marcellephene.com are based upon the opinions of Marcelle Phene and are for general educational purposes, and have not been reviewed nor approved by the FDA. You are solely responsible for your health care and activity choices.