This is my favorite go-to smoothie recipe because it is packed with so many nutrients and tastes delicious! Getting my daily greens in can be a challenge; a girl can only eat so many salads! This smoothie recipe gets all those nutrient-dense dark leafy greens in without sacrificing taste. In fact, with the added cacao nibs and flavorful berries, I find it to be the perfect answer to a sweet tooth.
I add collagen hydrolysate to my smoothies for an added protein & nutrient boost. Collagen is an excellent Real Food product to have stocked in your pantry! It aids in metabolism regulation and muscle recovery. Collagen is essential for building and repairing connective tissue in the skin, hair, nails, blood vessels, & bones. The hydrolysate form just means that it will dissolve easily in liquids, hot or cold, making it a great addition to smoothies, coffee, tea, etc. It’s tasteless so you won’t even know it’s there but your body will!
Green Protein Smoothie
(Paleo, Whole30, AIP, SCD, GAPS)
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups of Dark Leafy Greens (Spinach, Kale, Chard, etc.)
- 1-2 Tbsp Collagen Hydrolysate
- 1 tsp Organic Maca Powder
- 1/2 tsp Organic Cinnamon
- 2 “ice cubes” of Organic Coconut Milk*
- 1 cup of frozen Organic Mixed Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- 2 Tbsp Organic Cacao Nibs (optional; omit if following AIP, SCD, or GAPS)
- 1/3 cup of filtered water
- 1-2 Tbsp Organic Shredded Coconut (optional)
*Make coconut milk ice cubes ahead of time to have on hand for smoothies! Just fill up an ice cube tray with coconut milk and pop them out once they’re frozen and store in a container in the freezer.
- Add the greens to your blender, making sure to pack them down tightly
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender on top of the greens, except the coconut flakes
- Blend on high until smooth
- Pour into a bowl or glass and top with the shredded coconut
- Enjoy your nutrient-packed treat!
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, I love hearing from you! Spread the Love and share this recipe with someone!
If you are struggling to eat healthy meals and want more support, then Transformational Nutrition Coaching could help!
Book a FREE Discovery Session with me today to see how making the transition to a Real Food lifestyle can transform your life!
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclosure.