Looking for the perfect side dish to add some pizzazz to your BBQ? Check out this tangy-sweet easy coleslaw recipe! These crisp, raw veggies will complement whatever you are throwing on the grill and it adds some fantastic color to your plate!
I love how easily this coleslaw comes together, too. The best part is that it’s a perfect make-ahead dish because it definitely wants time to marinate in the dressing. Then you can just enjoy your time by the grill without having to worry about getting all your fixings ready!
I’m really getting into salads these days. Not only are they extra refreshing in the summer, they also mean no cooking! Let me tell you, that little RV heats up pretty quick when you turn the stove or oven on. Plus, there is such an abundance of fresh produce this time of year – salads are clearly the answer!
Since this coleslaw recipe doesn’t use mayonnaise it is a great egg-free version of the more traditional coleslaw. It’s also dairy-free and if you leave out that little bit of honey it fits the Whole30 menu too!
(Paleo, GAPS, SCD, Whole30*, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free)
Prep time: 15 minutes + about 4 hours to chill
- 1/4 cup Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Organic gluten-free Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Raw Honey*
- 1/4 cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Real Salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Organic Ground Black Pepper
- 2 large Carrots
- 3 Green Onions
- 1/2 large head of Organic Green Cabbage
*omit the raw honey for Whole30
- In a large salad bowl, combine the dressing ingredients until well mixed: apple cider vinegar, mustard, honey, EVOO, salt & pepper
- Using a grater or mandolin, shred the carrots
- Thinly slice the green onions
- Thinly chop or shred the cabbage
- Add the cabbage, carrots, and green onions to the dressing mixture and toss well to coat evenly
- I think this recipe tastes best when it is allowed time to sit in the fridge after mixing. This allows the dressing to help marinate and break down the vegetables for better digestion. The more time the better, but at least a couple of hours.
- When you are ready to serve, give the coleslaw a quick toss
- Grab your grilling meat and serve it up with this Easy Coleslaw!
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, I love hearing from you! Spread the Love and share this recipe with someone!
If you would like help creating healthy meals, then Transformational Nutrition Coaching could help!
Book a FREE Discovery Session with me today and let’s work together to create a plan and transform your life!
I have saved a ton of money while eating Real Foods by shopping at Thrive Market! This has been my favorite place to shop for real food pantry staples and non-toxic home and personal products for over 2 years! You can read my review of their service in a previous post. Think Costco + Whole Foods + delivered to your doorstep!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my affiliate disclosure.
Disclaimer: The information in this post is not intended as medical advice, or to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. Marcelle encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research, and in partnership with your doctor, licensed dietitian, or nutritionist. The information provided in this post and the entire contents of www.marcellephene.com are based upon the opinions of Marcelle Phene and are for general educational purposes, and have not been reviewed nor approved by the FDA. You are solely responsible for your health care and activity choices.