It’s that time of year again, the leaves are changing colors, the air is getting a little more crisp, and soup is starting to sound more comforting. One of my favorite things about the colder months of the year is how easy it is to make warm and nourishing meals using my slow cooker. While I was hanging out in southern Utah a few weeks ago, I came up with the Comforting Beef Slow Cooker Soup recipe. I swear, when I took my first bite, it felt like a big blanket curled me up and whisked me away.
This Comforting Beef Slow Cooker Soup almost tastes like meatloaf or a big hug from grandma! I love it! It is also very quick and easy to prepare. Pretty much just load up the slow cooker, set it and forget it! This soup is loaded with good fats from coconut milk and bone broth, making it extra good for your gut and fighting off the latest flu bug.
If using ground beef in soups isn’t your thing, you can make them into meatballs. Or you could even substitute with beef stew meat. I like that ground beef is cheaper and I think it has a more comforting flavor than stew meat.
Comforting Beef Slow Cooker Soup
(AIP*, Paleo, Whole30, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free)
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 6-8 hours
- 1 pound Grass-Fed Ground Beef (85% lean)
- 2 large Carrots
- 1 large Sweet Potato or Yam
- 1/2 large Yellow Onion
- 2 stalks Organic Celery
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 cups Grass-Fed Beef Broth
- 14 ounces lite Organic Coconut Milk (1 can)
- Real Salt, to taste
- Organic Ground Black Pepper, to taste*
*omit ground black pepper for AIP
- This is a slow cooker recipe but if you don’t have a slow cooker you can also slow cook it on the stove in a large stockpot
- Start by using your hands to break up the ground beef into small chunks and place at the bottom of the slow cooker
- Chop the carrots into coins, the sweet potato or yam into 1/2″ cubes, and layer on top of the ground beef
- Dice the yellow onion and the celery and add to the slow cooker
- Mince the garlic and add on top of the vegetables
- Season the veggies and meat with real salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Carefully pour the beef bone broth and the coconut milk over the meet and veggies, making sure your pot doesn’t overflow
- Cover and set to slow cook for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours
- Curl up with a blanket and let this Comforting Beef Slow Cooker Soup soothe you
465 calories, 23g fat, 27g protein, 36g carbs
45% fat, 24% protein, 31% carbs
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, I love hearing from you! Spread the Love and share this recipe with someone!
If you would like help creating healthy meals, then Transformational Nutrition Coaching could help!
Book a FREE Discovery Session with me today and let’s work together to create a plan and transform your life!
I have saved a ton of money while eating Real Foods by shopping at Thrive Market! This has been my favorite place to shop for real food pantry staples and non-toxic home and personal products for over 2 years! You can read my review of their service in a previous post. Think Costco + Whole Foods + delivered to your doorstep!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my affiliate disclosure.
Disclaimer: The information in this post is not intended as medical advice, or to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. Marcelle encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research, and in partnership with your doctor, licensed dietitian, or nutritionist. The information provided in this post and the entire contents of www.marcellephene.com are based upon the opinions of Marcelle Phene and are for general educational purposes, and have not been reviewed nor approved by the FDA. You are solely responsible for your health care and activity choices.