I have been dealing with chronic bloating for close to 2 decades. For many of those years I had no idea what was behind the bloating. I just sucked it up (literally) and dealt with it. Now, I am finally beginning to shed some light on the root cause behind bloating and I am more than ready to beat the bloat! (Read more about ammonia permeability and bloating. ) Incorporating food as medicine is where this Beat the Bloat Smoothie recipe comes in as a powerful and delicious tonic.
There are many foods that are known to help with bloating and digestive distress. Recently, the Medical Medium has been bringing to light even more foods that are great healers for bloating. Every ingredient in this smoothie plays an active role to help beat the bloat.
You have most likely heard that ginger, cucumber, and aloe vera are good for bloating and digestive distress. But did you know that apricots, wild blueberries, and bananas are also excellent for bloating? (1)
- Apricots help to prevent the gut from producing ammonia gas, a huge contributor to bloating.
- Wild blueberries are one of the most effective foods for supporting the liver in removing heavy metals, radiation, DDT, and viruses from the body, all of which can lead to bloating as a symptom.
- Bananas act as an anti-spasmodic and are soothing to the gut.
- Aloe Vera is excellent for relieving constipation and cleansing the colon. When constipation occurs it create a buildup of toxins in the gut, which leads to bloating.
- Ginger is the ultimate anit-spasmodic and is excellent for relaxing a stressed body and mind.
- Cucumbers contain enzymes that help support your body’s ability to digest protein. Undigested protein leads to ammonia gas which leads to bloating.
Beat the Bloat Smoothie
(Paleo, Whole30, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free)
Prep time: 10 minutes
- To prepare the aloe vera leaf, chop off the base and then chop off a 2 inch section to use. Save the rest of the leaf for future use and keep in the fridge. To remove the clear gel, use a knife to carefully fillet the section. Discard the green skin.
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender or NutriBullet cup
- Blend until smooth
- Enjoy slowly with a spoon!
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments, I love hearing from you! Spread the Love and share this recipe with someone!
If you would like help creating healthy meals, then Transformational Nutrition Coaching could help!
Book a FREE Discovery Session with me today and let’s work together to create a plan and transform your life!
I have saved a ton of money while eating Real Foods by shopping at Thrive Market! This has been my favorite place to shop for real food pantry staples and non-toxic home and personal products for over 2 years! You can read my review of their service in a previous post. Think Costco + Whole Foods + delivered to your doorstep!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my affiliate disclosure.
Disclaimer: The information in this post is not intended as medical advice, or to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. Marcelle encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research, and in partnership with your doctor, licensed dietitian, or nutritionist. The information provided in this post and the entire contents of www.marcellephene.com are based upon the opinions of Marcelle Phene and are for general educational purposes, and have not been reviewed nor approved by the FDA. You are solely responsible for your health care and activity choices.